Thursday, October 16, 2014

My Inspiration--Part Two

My Inspiration--Part Two


Her name is Heather Adams.  She is my first Day Home Mom, the first Mom who trusted me with her daughter, Audrey, then 10 months old.  She is now the Mother of three, like me, and is doing it in style.  She is a runner, has run marathons, half marathons, and works out several times a week.  She writes her thoughts down in her blog, Marathon Mommy.  She has been blogging for a while now, telling how her life has changed since becoming a mom of two, and now three.  How running is her alone time, her time to think or just to run.  How there are days when things just don't go the way she planned...how beautiful her children are, even when they've just spilled breakfast all over the floor.  She has more patience in her little finger than I have in my whole body.  I don't have a little sister, but if I could chose someone to add to my family, I would add Heather.

I am writing my Blog about my journey to be a healthier Mom for myself and my family, because Heather has inspired me to do so.  For me it is my way of keeping myself on track, and to be accountable.  In the last 6 weeks I have rarely had a day where I haven't walked over 10,000 steps.  Two times I've walked over 20,000.  While I am proud of myself for doing that, I have had to be careful so that I don't injure myself.  Heather has an ankle that gives her grief at times, so when I found out that I was close to injuring myself I asked Heather for some advice.  I never thought I would be rolling frozen water bottles under my feet!!!

There have been a couple of times in the last month where I've had moments of doubt that I'm going to reach my goal weight...I'm sooo close.  In the past I would have let that doubt stop me or found another excuse to just give up.  Heather doesn't give up...she has patience to wait, so I am trying to be patient and give my body time to adjust to losing weight.  One week when I found myself weighing more, not less, I told myself not to panic.  Be patient.  After a few days, my scale said less again.

In the last few weeks Heather has dropped two of her children off with me for a couple of hours...she has no idea how happy that makes me.  Each of her children have a special place in my heart...there is nothing better than hugs and cuddles from little people to put your life in perspective.
If my journey to being a healthier Mommy takes me a little longer than I want, I will just have to follow Heather's example and be Patient!!

Update:

Heather just ran another half marathon in Banff.  I can honestly say that I don't know how she does it...but I am darn proud of her for doing it!!  I am still walking, and enjoying it, craving it and not being totally satisfied with my day when I don't walk.  I am finding that walking for me is like running is for Heather.  I get to think while I walk.  But I have slowed down a bit.  I walk until I hit 10,000 steps in the morning, which is roughly about an hour and 15 minutes or so.  I'm not pushing myself as much so I don't get hurt.  I'm okay with slowing down as it means in the long run I'll be walking, not sitting on the couch because I can't walk.  If taking care of me means I don't make 10,000 steps one day, that's okay because I know now that "Patience" sometimes means looking at the long term of my journey, not the short term.

And by the way...I've seen my goal weight show up on my scale now twice!!  I have now lower my goal by another 5 pounds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment