Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Journey to a Healthier Mommy


The time has come.  I decided 9 days ago that enough was enough.  I had the tools in front of me, I just had to use them.  Stop ignoring them.  I downloaded the new version of myfitnesspal.com, and started entering what I was eating.  With the newer version came the idea that a pedometer might be a good idea, so I downloaded one onto my phone.
I've been walking.   Either pulling a wagon of water (and a potty), taking my Day Home kiddies with, trying to get in some exercise, but I was just guessing as to how fast I was walking and how many calories I was really burning.  Now I know for sure, my speed, how much time, my distance and my calories.  It gets downloaded from my phone to runastic.com, and to myfitnesspal.com.  I can see right away what I've done, and how many calories I can eat.
I have a bunch of reasons for wanting to be healthier.  I have three children, William, Angela and Michael, and a husband, Kelly.  I want to be there when my children graduate high school, get married, have children.  I don't want to miss that.  I want to show them that I am no longer putting myself last on the list as so many of us Moms do, especially when our children are little.  Mine aren't little anymore. 
I have a wedding to go to next month.  My 25th High School Reunion is in October.  But most of all, I just want to look and feel good.  For Me.
So I have been walking, and counting calories.  For 9 days.  I have  gone over 10,000 steps today for the first time since I started counting.  I am pretty proud of myself.
So my reward tonight is a Peanut Buster Parfait at Diary Queen.  I'm meeting a friend for "coffee".
I won't be having DQ again for 2 weeks.  My wonderful daughter has ordered me an ice cream cake for my birthday...and I will have to do a couple of walks on my birthday to enjoy it.  
I am off on my second walk of the day in a few minutes.  Got to get in another 45 minute walk so I can eat that dessert and enjoy it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Did you get your extra walks in and enjoy your Birthday special DQ treat?

    ReplyDelete